Friday, June 8, 2012

Nowhereland

Close my eyes, I shout surprise
In my head.
Holy bejesus, head seizures;
I’s travelling again!

God, rescrew it on correctly,
For I want to do all things per-fectly.

So why am I in nowhereland?
Thinking about things never promised me?
Why am I kicking it with unspoken wishes? It
‘s a waste of time, hear the clock chime
Twelve and again I wake myself
In, out of--this is not love, it’s
Nowhereland.

Fun fantasy, who wants to agree
With a waste of time.
Life is short and these trips are worse
Than lima beans or tsetse flies.

God, Your face is really all I need,
So kick me in the head when I disagree.

Cause I’m gassing up the car and traveling so far
Again to nowhereland
Mind’s a blank, just a full tank of gas.
I steady my heart, but then it sprints for the stars—
For a heaven unreal; oh God, what a rotten deal is
Nowhereland.
Eyes on You, God, keep this the truth.
You’ll bring blessings in your time.
So shut me up if you hear me whine.
I trust, I must, You’ve got good stuff
And it’s enough to keep my head instead of traveling to
Nowhereland.

No comments:

Post a Comment