Saturday, March 10, 2012

something really awful

It seems the time to write has come,
So I'm led to believe, though deaf and dumb,
My ears aren't as sharp as they may have been before;
I've forgotten to use the whetstone with a mind towards the Lord...

So here am I, watching myself, watching films of myself,
And how very odd--
If You'll permit me God--
To watch me as though I were someone else.

Oh, boy, my thoughts and here, there and thither tonight,
Scattered and battered and untethered tonight,
I keep writing bad rhymes, my meter's out of line,
Oh, God, what shall I do with myself?!

So, it seems to the time to write has come,
And here I am, both deaf and dumb,
Straining for words that I've already heard,
Straining for wisdom I already know...

How I'm scattered tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment